Auto AC Repair
So it’s cold, crisp air you’re after on those hot and humid days? We hear ya, and we’re here for you! The team at Mecklenburg Automotive & Collision Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, wants you to be comfortable all the time. We know exactly how it feels to drive around in a hot car after breaking a sweat while only walking from your house to your vehicle. It does not feel good. What does feel good is riding along from point A to point B in a nice chilly car, truck, or SUV. When you start to experience less than cool temps in your vehicle, give us a call at (704) 392-1253.
As a family-owned and operated auto shop, we know how important integrity and strong work ethic are, and we look forward to sharing our values with you. Once you’ve had an opportunity to work with us, you’ll want to come back time and time again and perhaps even refer us to a friend. We offer a $25 gift card for recommending our services! Before understanding how the A/C system works, wrap your head around the fact that the air conditioning system does not create cool air. Wait, what? Instead, the heat and moisture are taken out of your car, leaving cold, dry air behind.
How the A/C System Works
- Refrigerant, a compound liquid/gas mixture, enters the compressor as a gas.
- The refrigerant becomes very hot under pressure in the compressor.
- Next, in the condenser, heat is removed, and the refrigerant cools and becomes a high-pressure liquid.
- Then, the receiver/dryer absorbs moisture with a drying agent so the liquid can be transferred to the evaporator.
- The expansion valve then regulates the compound.
- The liquid enters the evaporator and turns into a gas again, which absorbs heat from the cabin.
- When it leaves the evaporator, it takes the heat with it, and the blowing fan moves cold air throughout the car.
We Provide the Relief You’re Looking For
The conditioning and regulation of the airflow run continuously in a loop to maintain a comfortable climate. What a relief, cool, crisp air! If this is what you desire, Mecklenburg Automotive & Collision has what it takes to get your A/C system back to optimal working condition. We have skilled, experienced specialists, the right equipment, and the right price. There are too many hot and humid days throughout the year here in Charlotte, North Carolina. Don’t get stuck without the ability to get comfortable. It shouldn’t matter if you only drive a short distance. Any amount of time spent in a hot car can make for a miserable experience. Book a day and time that’s convenient for you, and we’ll have all components back to prime working condition as soon as possible! Visit us soon at